Tuesday, November 1, 2022

That woman's got it

   




   November -- and the final week before the midterm elections -- got off to a rollicking start this morning at the Kent County Democratic Headquarters. Governor Gretchen Whitmer rallied the troops in an early morning event before the office was even normally open. Practically every candidate in the county from Congressional hopeful Hillary Scholten to state house and senate candidates were there with their staffs to proclaim the final effort to Get Out The Vote.

    Tuesday is my normal morning to volunteer in the office so I was surprised when I turned the corner a  few minutes after the 10 a.m. opening time and found Whitmer's bus blocking the entrance to the parking lot.  I parked a block away but even then security directed me away from the front door. I peeked in the window and saw "that woman," as our former president called Whitmer, doing an interview with Wood-TV 8's Rick Albin. They had created an interview setting right behind the volunteer ambassador desk where I normally sit.  Putting out the flags was usually my first duty in the morning, but that would have to wait. The "closed" sign that I normally turn to say  "open" was still posted in the window. 

     But in a way Gov. Whitmer is the top ambassador for Kent County Dems, and all the other counties as well. There was a contagious enthusiasm spreading through all the candidates and their workers as they posed for photographs this morning. Whitmer is a winner and we are all in this together.








No comments:

Post a Comment